Our History Runs Deep
Not Your Typical "Brand Development" Firm
Whereas most creative firms started out in the print world and migrated over to the web, Radiant started at the opposite end of the spectrum. When it comes to technology, our innovative history runs deep. We’ve produced work for many of the most high-profile ministries and corporations in the world.
Here are some fun "technological facts" about Radiant and our sister company, Bark Communications.
- Designed and developed a Christian music site called Hip-HopZone.com that had audio streaming, message boards and an online store.
- Hip-HopZone.com voted best hip-hop site in the world by SOHH and MTV (and it was a purely Christian music site)!
- Hip-HopZone.com merged with MusicForce.com and became the largest online Christian music store in the world. We expanded e-commerce functionality, affiliate programs, online communities and content management facilitation.
- Built a website called The Jesus Project, which enabled every major city in the world to have its own website community. Members of The Jesus Project could talk back and forth using an online instant messenger… long before Facebook came to the scene! (We have since put The Jesus Project on hold for the time being. It will be coming back in a different form soon, Lord willing!)
- Built our first server farm and started hosting websites.
- Built a content management system for Stanford University
- Designed and developed a massive real-estate platform (InTheHouse.com) for agents and people looking for homes online
- Created one of the world’s first online greeting card sites (for printed cards). A user would visit the website, pick a card and enter everything they wanted the card to say. It was then electronically sent to a print house where it was automatically printed and mailed. A few years later, Hallmark came on the digital scene. :)
- Designed and developed a platform for Telus Mobility that enabled all of their employees to order business cards online. Employees were able to get an online preview of what their card would look like before it went to print.
- Built a new website, online store and community for Eliora, a new Christian clothing brand.
- Started a website platform called AdvancedMinistry, now known as Radiant WebTools (and BarkBuilder on the business side). The platform gave the ability for churches and ministries to build and manage their own website including content, events, audio/video, message boards, donations and more.
- Designed the website and content management system for Dallas Theological Seminary, one of the most renowned seminaries in the world.
- After developing the new brand for Muskoka Woods, one of the largest Christian camps in North America, we began a number of major technology initiatives designed to facilitate community.
- Built the online store and fulfillment system for Delirious, a popular Christian band.
- Created an entire front-end technology platform for Dairy.com, the unofficial dairy stock market.
- Built FreshResource, a creative online community for people looking to connect with each other, share thoughts and purchase resources.
- Built a website platform for the entire network of churches of Vineyard Canada. The entire platform was housed on AdvancedMinistry (now Radiant WebTools)
- Designed and developed a content management system for Forest Home, a large Christian camp in California.
- Built a massive e-commerce system for Partners In Ministry, a major resource supplier for local churches.
- Designed and developed an entire e-learning platform for speech therapy. Students would go through lessons online and teachers would mark and mentor them accordingly.
- Build an entire (Air Miles – like) reward platform for Universal Studios.
- Developed CurrentCamp, a completely customized registration platform for camps, fully loaded with a CRM, commerce applications, scheduling tools and profile management. The system was initially built for Muskoka Woods and then standardized for use with other camps.
- Built the entire web and database platform for NetAccountability, one of the first software tools to battle online pornography. (NetAccountability later became SafeEyes.)
- Created an entire digital network for Christian Camping International (CCI)
- Designed and developed a web, registration and commerce platform for MJAA (Messianic Jewish Alliance of America)
- Created an online symposium for The Salvation Army so that they could discuss critical topics before a major conference.
- Developed a website and registration platform for Ponderosa Pines.
- Built an entire Human Resources (HR) system for Muskoka Woods enabling them to do all of their job applications and profiling online.
- Developed a CurrentCamp registration platform for Sky Ranch Camps.
- Built the entire web, database and networking platform for the Canadian Youth Network.
- Developed a digital network for Teen Challenge Canada, enabling every TC location to have its own website, all powered by one platform.
- Designed and developed a major web network for Premier Media Group, the largest online Christian community in the UK.
- Co-founded The Buzz Factory, an online technology initiative designed to test products and create buzz.
- Created PureOnline, an e-learning system designed to help people fight against the temptation of pornography.
- Built a registration system, e-commerce platform, scheduling engine and content management system for the Toronto Maple Leafs, Toronto Raptors and NBA 3 on 3.
- Designed and created a major technology platform and website initiative for Alpha Canada.
- Created a new site called KidzMatter, enabling visitors to purchase and download children’s ministry resources.
- Designed and developed a major digital initiative for Pure Life Ministries enabling downloadable resources, e-commerce, online communities, event engines and more.
- Officially separated the ministry and business arms of our company… Bark Communications (the corporate side) was formed!
- Designed and developed the website, interactive timelines and resource engine for Biola University’s 100th anniversary site.
- Built a website, content management system and digital media engine for Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary.
- Created an advertising platform for Suzuki that enabled all of its distributors to design and build ads online, which would then be placed in various publications.
- Created a major technology network for SEND International enabling visitors to find missionaries, donate online, participate in prayer communities and find more info on SEND.
- Designed and developed the new technology initiative and website for World Relief Canada.
- Designed and developed a website and commerce platform for Promise Keepers.
- Launched AdvancedMinistry (Radiant WebTools) 3.0, a major release giving churches and ministries more tools for building and managing their website.
- Created a major website and technology platform for The Meeting House and all of its campus locations.
- Built a website and technology platform for International Justice Mission Canada.
- Designed and developed a website and content management solution for Opportunity International.
- Developed the website and technology platform for Ontario Mutuals, an organization supporting all of the mutual insurance companies in Ontario.
- Officially changed the name of the ministry arm of our company from Electricurrent to Radiant and launched new web initiative.
- Officially changed the name of AdvancedMinistry to Radiant WebTools and announced new technological features.
- Launched Radiant WebTools and BarkBuilder 4.0, paving the way for complete website design control and flexibility, completely responsive to mobile devices.
- Created a partnership with the Canadian Council of Christian Charities (CCCC) to provide Radiant WebTools to its member network.
- Designed and developed a system built on Radiant WebTools that enables churches and ministries to have their own mobile (iOS and Android) app, fully synchronized with their website.
- Began work on a new technology initiative that enables Warriors (Christian chiropractic network) to have their own website, content management platform, social media system and digital signage network.
- Built in major improvements and features to Radiant WebTools.